"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

CRABBY

I feel like I should confess this here in the hopes that it will somehow clear my conscience. Last night at dinner I cheated on my meatless Lent pledge, but it wasn't my fault.

I ordered a meatless quesadilla at the Appalachian Brewing Company (I'm a Mug Club member and they're right next door to where I work, so I'm there a lot), but they brought me a crab quesadilla instead. It wasn't until my first bite that I realized what had happened.

I thought about sending it back, but I didn't. It's seafood (and crab at that). Probably the least meat-like of all the meats. I guess there's even a chance that it wasn't real crab meat. Sure tasted good though.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wild Bill said...

I thought your goal was no red meat? If it was real crab, that's not red meat. If it was krab, it was pollack (fish) and egg white, so you're still good. Unless you decided to go entirely meatless at some point that I missed the post.

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Yeah Bill, I've been 100 percent meatless for the past two weeks or more. Except for last night. A few meals with chicken during the first week are the only thing separating me from meatless for all of lent so far. Back on track now though.

11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're going by the Catholic no meat on Friday standards, seafood is no issue.

12:34 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Good point, Pete. And I am observing the Catholic ending date for Lent.

1:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You killed a crab!!! I think you're sick!

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

I know, I am sick. I feel horrible about it. And when I kill countless cows, chickens and pigs in about 14 days, I'm going to feel sooooo much worse!

3:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home