"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

LENT IS EASY

I'm eight days into my "No Red Meat for Lent" experiment (formerly known as "No Meat for Lent") and I have to admit, it's going pretty well. No major beef cravings yet, unless you count that drooling episode with Ultimate Double Whopper sign a few days ago but I would have drooled over that even if it weren't Lent.

Before last night's two Spicy Chicken Crisps, I hadn't had any meat for two days. I really think I could go 100 percent meat free, but everyone insists I'd get physically sick if I did that. I might do NO MEAT for the last 20 days of Lent. Just for fun. Because everyone knows how much fun that is.

By the way, I was told (and Wikipedia confirmed this), that pepperoni contains red meat, thus making it off limits as my topping of choice in next week's office pizza eating contest. Looks like I'll have to go with Plan B -- mushrooms.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo you have posted with this entry is blasphemy!

11:08 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

why don't you get sausage instead? It isn't red meat, it is more of a grey.

11:31 AM

 
Blogger Liz said...

If veggies are part of your normal diet anyway, you won't get sick from NOT eating meat. That's silly. Obviously, if you do something crazy like down a whole block of tofu and a head of broccoli, you're not going to feel very well. But you can maintain a well-balanced, meat-free diet for 20 days (or more) with no ill effects.

3:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home