"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

LENT JUST GOT HARDER, BUT WHATEV

I just shared a few emails with Liz (also a big UEPa fan) and she explained to me how easy going meat-free really is with the help of some meat substitute products (and how I won't "get sick" from the lack of meat like some people say I will). Her pep talk convinced me to renew my original pledge of NO MEAT during Lent. I mean, how hard can it be? Dinners of grilled cheese, pasta, soup, pancakes and PBJ? Sounds good to me!

UPDATE: Actually, I just remember I bought about half a pound of sliced turkey, so this will start in about 48 hours. Lots of sandwiches until then.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dinners of grilled cheese, pasta, soup, pancakes and PBJ...

Doesn't sound like the diet balanced with fruits and veggies she spoke of.

6:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to get really bad gas.

2:13 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

The soup will have veggies and jelly has fruit in it. The pizza will have mushrooms on it. And I just bought some Centrum multivitamins. That should help. I'll be fine (gas and all).

8:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizza with Meat Sauce?

10:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home