"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Monday, February 18, 2008

IS IT EASTER YET?

I'm not going to turn this into my "Meatless Lent Blog," but I wanted to offer an update about my recent temptations of the flesh as I head into Day 12 of my 40 day trial.

On Friday, a group of us went to Cheeburger Cheeburger for lunch. A few members of the crew got one-pound burgers. Although there was a grilled cheese on the menu, I opted for the veggie burger and fries. I thought about upgrading it to a one-pound veggie burger, but I'm not sure my body could have handled that much flavorless mush.

I also ordered Chinese this weekend. You might not realize it until you're forced to eat vegetable fried rice, but those little pink cubes of pork in the standard fried rice really do add a lot of flavor to the meal. Mmmm...flavor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

OK, 30% of the way through. Well, there were some changes made, and you cheated for some of it, didn't you? What is the outlook for the other 26 days?

4:04 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

I cheated for about four days when I switched to "No Red Meat". That included two dozen wings, several turkey sandwiches and one Caesar salad with grilled chicken.

The cravings are starting to set in, but the next 26 will be much like the first two weeks. Pasta, soups, sandwiches and trying not to breath through my nose when I drive past a Burger King.

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home