"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, February 15, 2008

VIDEO: BACKSTAGE AT WING BOWL

The video below was shot by me backstage in the Wachovia Center at Wing Bowl 16. What you see is, from beginning to end, the long and winding hallway that housed all the eater entourages as they waited for the start of Wing Bowl 16. This is the same hallway that gets traffic from the 76ers and Flyers players (who played there just 12 hours prior). Big Brian Subich's entourage was set up just outside the Sixers locker room.

My favorite parts of this video (in order): Pete Meirnicki passed out, "three girls on the back and two on the front," boobs, running into Bertoletti/Crazy Legs/Badlands, bagpipes, Humble Bob's interview.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a side note. I was up for about 24hrs at that point and did a round trip to NYC during that day.

8:56 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

And he was really fucking drunk.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

THAT was freaking awesome!
You also passed Hungry Charles and Badlands in the shot.

There's a quick peak at my entourage there too, drinking beers out of our secret beer container.

NICE WORK!!!!!

7:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Pat's "cheer" scared me! He sounded like a pitbull with rabies!

3:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have come over and said hello dude.

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Where were you at? I feel bad because there were a lot of people there that I wish I would have chatted more with.

7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home