"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I ATTENDED A CATHOLIC WEDDING ONCE

I'm trying to figure out when Lent ends. Here's what I found, according to the Reverend Ken Collins:

"Lent begins on 6 February 2008 and ends on 22 March 2008, which is the day before Easter. In the Roman Catholic Church, Lent officially ends at sundown on 20 March (Holy Thursday), with the beginning of the mass of the Lord’s Supper."

In case you were doing the math and figured out that the period between February 6 and March 22 is actually more like 45 days (not 40), you were right. According to the Reverend, "We skip Sundays when we count the forty days, because Sundays commemorate the Resurrection." Extra days are awesome.

I do like the Roman Catholic Lent. They cut loose at dinnertime on Thursday the 20th. I might observe Roman Catholic Lent because, as chance would have it, Beau and I are planning a road trip starting that Thursday evening to Florida to catch a bunch of Spring Training baseball games. Yes, I am going to eat my weight in hot dogs that weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home