"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

14 DAYS DOWN, 26 MORE TO GO

Today for lunch, I ordered a Whopper with cheese, hold the meat. I told the kid taking my order that "I have a stupid request" and that "I lost a bet and can't eat meat for a month." Somehow lying was easier than admitting that I had given up meat voluntarily for Lent. The kid behind the register laughed. Really hard. He turned away and doubled over. I guess you really can "have it your way," but it doesn't absolve you from ridicule.

I put french fries on the Whopper. It tasted vaguely Whopper-like, but only vaguely.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh stop it. I was a vegetarian for 15 years. It's not that hard.

Try Teriyaki Vegan Jerky by Primal Strips It's really good.

8:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should celebrate making it all the way with one of these steak toasters. http://gizmodo.com/358671/a-steak-toaster-did-you-hear-me-i-said-a-steak-toaster

9:09 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Whatever Jill! It's sort of like quitting smoking...a royal pain in the ass at first but then it's okay. Sorry, didn't mean to snap at you like that. It's the protein withdrawls.

Philly - That steak toaster, while completely absurd, is also completely awesome.

7:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this will make you feel better...

http://www.236.com/blog/w/julie_klausner/finally_a_vegan_strip_club_4533.php

10:32 AM

 
Blogger RM1(SS) (ret) said...

Quit whinging, Dave. You're starting to sound like a sonar tech....

8)

12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home