"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

WHAT THE FUCK IS A FASTNACHT?

I'm back. I promise I'm going to get to my Wing Bowl post...sooner or later. Today is Fastnacht Day, in case you didn't know. Fastnachts are basically heavy, plain doughnuts. The day is sort of a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition and it serves as a way to use up all the lard and sugar and other tempting foods before giving them all up for Lent.

Anyhow, we had about five extra boxes of fastnachts laying around the office today, so we put together an impromptu fastnacht eating contest in the conference room at 5 o'clock. Three fastnachts washed down with a Yuengling light lager (the light stuff was all we had leftover from our Super Bowl party). I won. Beau came in second, followed by Billy. Jeremy ate one fastnacht and called it quits. He's kind of a pussy.

DSC_3287
It was my first contest using beer. Not too bad except for the burps.

DSC_3289
Jeremy plowing into his first fastnacht. He would quit after one.

DSC_3326
Beau finishes.

DSC_3327
Billy left in a hurry after the contest to "take care of business."

A full set of pics can be seen here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are JUST LIKE the donuts I had to eat for my contest in Japan!!!

Tough, aren't they? You can't even get them down without some sort of fluid.

8:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwesome!!!!!! Our family are realy miss you.By the way , I am sooooo lazy to eat. I need to put my act togather.

11:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home