"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Monday, April 16, 2007

CHEESESTEAKS, SHIRTS & EGGS

I'd prefer not to use this site as a tool for communicating with specific people (that's what e-mail is for, right?), but I suck at collecting and saving e-mail addresses, so I'm going to use this post to take care of some routine stuff. Three things actually.

1. PHILLY CHEESESTEAK TOUR - We're meeting at Jim's Steaks at 11 a.m. THIS SATURDAY. There are several Jim's steakeries, but we're meeting at the Center City location at South Street and 4th. From there, we'll pile into one car for the rest of the tour. Wild Bill and Philly Guy, leave a comment to confirm that you're still going (of course you are!), but also email me your cell numbers so we can be in touch on the day of the tour, just in case you're running late or something. My email is shoffner1974@yahoo.com. Is there an all day parking lot near Jim's?

2. CUSTOMIZED UEPa SHIRTS - Unfortunately, the Cafe Press account I have is a basic one (that means free), which also means I can't create multiple designs of the same shirt. In other words, I have to upgrade to a premium account in order to create the UEPa uniform shirts with the personalized info on the back. Premium upgrades are $6.95 a month after a 15 day free trial, so I'm going to have to mark up the customized shirts to offset the cost. Stay tuned for more info.

3. PICKLED EGGS - I tried two hardboiled this morning just to test different techniques. Looks like eating them regular style (two big bites, yolk and all) is the best. The yolk was pretty much a non-issue as long as I didn't chew too much and allowed the egg white to remain largely intact and carry everything downward. Now the only question is, can I keep a dozen eggs down long enough to seal the win?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bastards! BUT-I will already be drunk by 11 am. On a side note, up the price, I don't care. I think everyone won't mind paying a little extra for their customized shirt. Keep us posted, pres!

3:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"ll be in attendance. There is one parking lot near south street, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg to park there. I do believe that you can still park at the Super Fresh for free. Pat's, Geno's, and Tony Lukes have real parking for free near them.
Gionta's the one with the 1lb steak is on South St. too if we're feeling daring.

4:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm what happened to the UEPa Store?

9:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home