"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Saturday, April 14, 2007

PICKLED EGGS

A co-worker who's really good at making pickled eggs challenged another co-worker who really likes eating pickled eggs to round up a few people for our next eating competition: cupcakes. I wish. No, of course it's pickled eggs. First to finish a dozen wins. The inner-office throw down will take place on Wednesday April 18.

To be honest, I've never even had a pickled eggs...at least not that I know of. From what I've been told, some are sour (like pickles) and some are sweet. These will be sweet. I'm debating whether to buy some pickled eggs to practice with or not practice at all. I've always wanted to do that -- to try a food for the very first time in an eating contest. Or I might just practice with four or five regular hard boiled eggs.

The tough part will be choking down the pasty yolks. If it were just the whites, I could chew those a few times and swallow them with no problem. They'd slip right down. I think that's what I'll do. Separate the whites and yolks, eat the whites real fast and then try to swallow the yolk whole. I'm laughing out loud at that strategy. When it's all over, I'll either be called a genius or an idiot. For some reason I'm leaning toward the latter.

5 Comments:

Blogger RM1(SS) (ret) said...

When it's all over, I'll either be called a genius or an idiot. For some reason I'm leaning toward the latter.

I can't believe anyone would ever call you an idiot, Dave!

8)

(I've lost your e-mail address - send me a note.)

7:07 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

An idiot only when it comes to eating. I tend to bite off more than I can chew.

No prob on the email. I don't know why blogger.com makes it so difficult to email people.

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Scratch my last blogger critique. I just discovered a "Display my email" feature on my profile. I had it turned off. I'm an idiot.

9:00 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Dave, you're an Idiot.
J/K. But seriously....
You should do the 'try it for the first time in competition' with something that isn't pickled. You might get that instant 'OMG what have I done' feeling along with the 'I always do this to myself' and 'I just wasted an opportunity to win a contest'

9:17 AM

 
Blogger RM1(SS) (ret) said...

Carey said...
Dave, you're an Idiot.


*snicker*

Love the picture, Carey - though it looks like you're yelling at the burger, not getting ready to eat it....

10:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home