"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Sunday, April 01, 2007

BUY ME SOME PEANUTS AND CRACKER JACKS (AND HOT DOGS AND ICE CREAM AND BEER)

April is here. If I have to tell you what that means, then you should probably go back go Russia you commie bastard. Or it might mean you're a woman. For the latter, April means the start of baseball season and the start of the baseball season means warmer weather, hot dogs, barbeques and beer and cigars on the porch. Sometimes I do all of those things at the same time. I call those days "Sunday." Sometimes also "Saturday."

Tonight my Mets are playing the Cardinals (8pm start time on ESPN2). I've already warned Heather that dinner--at least my dinner--will consist of two dozen wings and two or three beers. And some celery sticks (am I the only wing eater that eats those things?). The wings will come from Kokomos, because I'm the Kokomo Wing Eating Champion of Harrisburg.

Here's a story from Thursday's USA Today about some of the best ballpark food in the Major Leagues. Philly's most notable fare isn't even cheesesteaks. Those better be some damn good wings and ribs.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i eat the celery too.... when in a casual atmosphere.
Usually w/ Blue Cheese.

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Gotta have the blue cheese. Just polished mine off and the Mets are up 2-0. So far, so good.

8:52 PM

 
Blogger XXXX said...

Way to go Mets!

12:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On WIP today they're setting up for Wingador and US Male to do the all you can eat wings for publicity. I say we show up just to take some attention away form them. I'll keep everyone informed on the date. It might be a last minute deal.

9:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the Wed all you can eat wings at the Phillies stadium.

9:58 AM

 
Blogger Dan said...

Well, the best thing at Camden Yards isn't the crabcakes, it's probably Boog's BBQ beyond the centerfield wall. Great stuff and always the second thing I get after some hot dogs and a beer.

6:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home