"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

YOU MOTHER F@#&ERS

If you've read the comments from my last post, you'll know that I'm being terrorized. A few months ago, during our "Six Pack Challenge" (six burgers/six beers), I misplaced my prized Mega Munch towel. I've been using it in contests for years. It's never been washed.

Now, a mysterious group calling themselves "The Light Elves" (a not-so-subtle play on my fantasy football team name "The Dark Elves") is holding the towel hostage and is threatening to cut it into pieces unless I meet their demands. They've even posted a photo of it online.

Like I said in my comment, my appetite hasn't been the same since I lost that towel and I really could have used it during my recent whoopie pie contest. All I can say to The Light Elves is: Let's talk.

10 Comments:

Blogger "Sweet" Jill Stoler said...

Those bastards!

7:37 PM

 
Blogger Mega Munch said...

My sentiments exactly, Jill.

8:27 AM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Dave, is this for real or are you joking?

9:27 AM

 
Blogger Mega Munch said...

Unfortunately, I'm not joking, Paul. Someone has my towel and so far I've heard no response from them. All I can do is wait.

I swear they'd better not even THINK about washing it!!!

1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave for once in your life get mad for real and stop with the sarcastic humor. It's not funny at all just plain stupid

2:15 PM

 
Blogger a n c h a l i n e said...

Hmm, feels like a PR stunt. How can we believe this? How are we sure it’s not you, Munch?

Seriously though: Those elves have no sense of urgency. That was four months-ish ago.

Elves?

:D

1:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're debating whether to wash the towel or cut it into little pieces. perhaps wash it AND cut it into little pieces.

4:52 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Dave, we traced the post from the terrorists, it came from inside the office. GET OUT OF THE OFFICE DAVE!!!!!

12:22 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

PHINALLY!!!!!!!! National League title baby. World Series here we come. Oh yeah, sorry, you were a Mets fan, right?

8:48 AM

 
Blogger Mega Munch said...

Ha-ha. I know it's coming from inside the office. And despite my Mets fandom, I offer congratulations to Phillies fans.

2:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home