"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

IF I COULD EAT ONLY ONE THING FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, IT WOULD BE PIZZA

I've always believed that Palumbos, the pizza shop just down the street from my apartment, serves the best pizza in central Pennsylvania. I'm not the only one either. What's great about it is the selection of unusual pizzas. There's a pizza made with beef and topped with crispy french fries and drizzled with ranch dressing. There's also a chicken parm pizza and a meat lovers pizza that defy explanation.

But despite these odd concoctions, they do stay true to the originals and when I order a whole pie, it's almost always a large with pepperoni. By the way, at Palumbos you'll never find the abomination masquerading as pizza known as the "taco pizza."

My favorite gourmet slice is the chicken cordon bleu pizza. It's a white pizza with a cheesy base topped with chicken, slices of ham and topped with a blend of white cheeses. Unbelievable. But not as unbelievable as the real thing, which Shanna cooked to perfection the other night with a side of roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes. Until they start putting that on the pizza too, it's no contest.

10 Comments:

Blogger A-Bomb said...

Yo D, what about PIZZA -- BURGERS!

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Not this weekend - I'm outta town. However, if we're agreed that the next throwdown will be pizza burgers, it doesn't really matter WHEN I make it, does it?

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Let's do it. How 'bout we have our pizza burger photos complete by Sunday evening, October 12. That give us plenty of time to plan and prepare. The voting will start with the entries go up on Monday, October 13.

My email is shoffner1974@yahoo.com. I guess the voting for all three burgers will take place on mine and Skinnyboy's blog, unless you have a website Bill? I'll send you Skinnyboy's email addy so you can send him your pic as well. Good luck gentlemen!

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Wild Bill said...

I do have a blog - click on my profile to get there. It doesn't get much traffic; I would be willing to post the pictures (or composite thereof) on there, but I can't guarantee any votes.

5:07 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

OK, boys, it's on!

2:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where the hell is pete murniki?

9:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MegaMunch,
We have your precious towel. We'll start cutting out letters and sending them to you each day if our demands are not met.
More information to follow. Keep this channel open.

Evidence

- The Light Elves

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

I usually don't negotiate with terrorists (they're always bugging me about something), but this time, it's personal.

For those that don't know, I lost that towel during our burgers and beer contest a few months ago and my appetite hasn't been the same since. (I really could have used it during my recent whoopie pie contest.)

Let's talk.

2:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When oh when will there be a UEPa challenge that doesn't involve meat? :o(

7:36 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

A meatless challenge? That's blasphemy! Actually, the Niner Diner has those hubcap sized pancakes. Maybe we can do that.

8:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home