"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

IAN REPEATS AS UEPa HAMBURG-ER CHAMP

Each year in Hamburg, PA, the United Eaters of Pennsylvania compete in the Taste of Hamburg-er Contest. Ian "The Invader" Hickman was the reigning champ and defended his title by winning this year's contest with 15 hamburgers eaten in 8 minutes (a two burger improvement over last year's total). Carey Poehlmann finished second with 9.5 burgers, followed by Joel Podelsky (9 burgers) and Dave Shoffner (7 burgers). All in all, it was a great performance by Ian and an awesome showdown between Carey and Joel.

HAMBURG 023
Me digging into burger #3 or 4. I have to admit, I'm not happy with my performance. Last year I ate eight burgers. This year, I ate seven. I need to get my shit together and train or something.

HAMBURG 032
Carey's fiancee Fiora decided before the contest to compete and turned in a respectable four burger performance.

HAMBURG 052
Carey, me, Ian and Joel after the contest. Next stop for the UEPa: Whoopie pies in Lancaster on September 20. A full set of pics from the hamburger contest can be seen here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Sorry I missed it. Like I said before, though, I can't take any more burgers. Meat it general, actually.

Dave: Can I still get a ride from you for whoppie pies?

Hope to see you all soon!

8:35 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

No problem on the ride for whoopie pies, Jill!

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home