"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, September 25, 2008

RESULTS OF THE PEANUT BUTTER BURGER BATTLE

You may remember last week Skinnyboy and I faced off in a battle to see who could make the best looking peanut butter topped burger (inspired by a similarly nutty burger I posted here on Mega Munch). Without identifying the chef, we posted both burgers (below) and allowed the votes to pour in on both of our blogs.

On the right are both burgers -- Skinnyboy's burger on top and mine on the bottom. The winner, by a score of 12 votes to 9 (counting Ian's diplomatic vote for both burgers), was Skinnyboy! Congratulations! I'll admit I thought the bacon would earn me more votes than it did. I also thought the two patties would be a good idea but, in retrospect, it seems a little much. In either case, it was a hard fought battle!

As for the taste of these burgers, to answer Steakbellie's question, the burger actually tasted surprisingly good! I'd highly recommend trying it sometime. For my topping, I didn't just use peanut butter. Instead, I combined peanut butter with a little coconut milk and soy sauce and microwaved it for a satay-inspired spread. Add a little bit of the latter two ingredients at a time until you get the taste you're looking for.

Next up in the Skinnyboy vs. Mega Munch Battle of the Burgers: Pizza burgers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wild Bill said...

I want in on the next one, guys...

11:56 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

You got it man. A three way contest would be great. I'll let you know when we're doing it!

2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home