"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Monday, September 15, 2008

THE SKINNYBOY VS. MEGA MUNCH PEANUT BUTTER BURGER-OFF!

Last week, in response to my post about the strange yet alluring peanut butter-topped Jiffy Burger, Skinnyboy challenged me to a "Peanut Butter Burger Off." Each of us would make a peanut butter topped burger and post photos on our blogs and allow readers to vote for which burger they think looks best. So that's what we did this past weekend and I have to say, as odd as peanut butter on a burger sounds, it actually tasted incredible.

As far as judging the burgers, "best" can mean whatever you want it to, but I'm guessing it means, if you have both of these burgers sitting in front of you and you could only eat one, which would you choose? Below are the burgers. Feel free to leave a comment voting for burger #1 (the top) or burger #2 (the bottom). Sorry, no anonymous votes allowed!


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burger #1

The red onions really add something... a "splash of color" if you will. And, I love Onions.

8:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about the onions. Red onions on a burger are the best!! #2 looks good too, but my vote is #1.

11:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not voting. I'm just saying, You can't put two patties on a bun. It sounds great in theory, but it never works. It always tastes like way too much plain, charred meat. If you want a lot of meat, make a bigger burger and cook it rare or medium rare so that it's nice and juicy.

1:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burger #2 of course. Anything with bacon is a winner.

1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I will be voting on #1 and #2. Why? They are PEANUT BUTTER BURGERS! Everyone wins here!

Visually, the top picture. Simply because numero dos appears to be overcooked with an overcooked piece of corn on the cob to boot. Would I turn either away?

Of course not. I'd just ask for a little more PB for pic #2.

9:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say number 2. Gotta go with the bacon.

8:20 AM

 
Blogger jeff chapman said...

number one

onions are pretty.

bonus point for the two mini globs of cheese on the right hand side of the photo.

salivating.

9:02 AM

 
Blogger JB said...

I gotta go with number 2 shoff.

11:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at the cheese glorious cheese on #1! Bacon is good, but #1 has some good looking cheese. #1 is it!!!

12:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote One, although I would have to pull off those nasty onions.

Two looks overcooked to me and I can't tell what is under the peanut butter on top of the burger, but it doesn't look like something good. Might be some nasty mushrooms.

Humble Bob

8:27 AM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

I think Number One has the advantage of being a better lit photo. The Red Onions really set it off as well.

Can you describe the taste of this burger? I might have to do my own experiment!

9:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home