"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, October 24, 2008

CUP OR CONE? YOU DECIDE ON NOVEMBER 4TH

Seriously, that's one of the issues you have to consider when you cast your vote for President on November 4. Both candidates have been spotted making ice cream pit stops on the campaign trail. Planned photo ops, I'm sure, but indulging their sweet tooth nonetheless.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden stopped in a small town north of Pittsburgh at the Windmill Ice Cream Shop. Barack chose a scoop of butter pecan on a cone. Joe ordered TWO vanilla and chocolate cones, admitting to his running mate "I may have vices but this is my biggest one. I ran for vice president just so I could get ice cream.” That's my kind of veep. You think Dick Cheney likes ice cream that much? Somehow I doubt it.

McCain and Sarah Palin have also stopped the Straight Talk Express long enough to grab a scoop or two. Interestingly, both opted for dishes instead of cones. McCain's was a medium chocolate.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole dish versus cone thing. I've been known to try both myself. Depends on the mood, I guess. But you have to admit, there's something comforting about a candidate who chooses a cone. No spoons. Just enjoying the ice cream one lick at a time.

That sort of person isn't afraid to roll up his sleeves, get his hands dirty and do what it takes to get the job done. Whether that job is cleaning out the garage or cleaning up the environment. Or providing accessible healthcare for all Americans. Or even rolling back tax breaks for corporations that ship job overseas. Anyhow, don't forget to vote on November 4th. Especially if you live in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Indiana, Missouri or North Carolina.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

Well we know which candidate doesn't want to contribute to landfills with ice cream cups and plastic spoons now.

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

I hear Obama wants to invest in new technology to create edible pizza boxes too. I think they're made of some sort of bacon-based polymer or something. If you can't support that, I don't know what else to tell you.

8:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll ask them to "Man Up" and eat out of a cone from this point forward.

12:43 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Pretty soon we will hear all about "Derek the eater" on the tv news and forget about that plumber guy

1:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cup or cone- ask Ian the answer is an "outrageousplit" with mouths that work that hard- they could both finish one...

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home