"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, March 27, 2008

BASEBALL, BRUSSELS LACE, AND HONEY TANG

Well, I'm back from Spring Training in Florida and it looks like I can't bring the fastball like I used to, so it's back to advertising for now. Beau and I ate a lot of fast food during our road trip. Drank a lot of beers too. I weighed myself when I left and again when I got back (in the morning both times) and was simultaneously disappointed and relieved to learn that I only gained one pound. That's right, my body is Whopper-and-Corona-processing machine.

TAMPA 002
This is me a few hours into our road trip. My meatless Lent ended 15 minutes before this photo was taken and I was ready to celebrate.

TAMPA 045
We grabbed some beers and lunch at some crab shack down south on our way back home. I got a shrimp po' boy and some local brew. I've always been fascinated by the shapes the beer suds make when they cling to the sides of the glass. The funny thing is, the more you drink, the more fascinating they get. Beau said those suds are called Brussels Lace.

TAMPA 028
We spotted this road side sign at a crossroads in central Florida on our way to Port St. Lucie for the Mets game. I'm not sure what honey tang is, but it sounds really good. So does gator jerky. Why I didn't pay a visit to this man's stand just down the road is beyond me. UPDATE: Googling "honey tang" reveals very little, but there is such a thing as "honey tangerines." That's probably what he was selling (the subtle period at the end of "tang" confirms this abbreviated theory). Bummer. I was envisioning some sort of awesome honey flavored candy or drink.

More pics from our trip can be seen here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

great pics. I can't believe you didn't get the gator jerky.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Welcome back, Dave. Yeah, yeah, welcome back to PA and all that, but much more importantly welcome back to the meat.

8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home