"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

28 MORE HOURS

Roman Catholic Lent ends at sundown on Holy Thursday (that would be tomorrow), which means that at 7:21 pm (according to this site), I'll have the green light to dig into a Triple Whopper with Cheese, followed by a Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich.

The moment of delicious truth comes about two hours into Beau and my 16 hour road trip enroute to Tampa, Florida for a long weekend of Spring Training baseball, hotdogs, beer and more baseball (and more hotdogs and beer). That means we'll be stopping at a Burger King somewhere just north of Washington, DC. Maybe Frederick, Maryland. Or perhaps Gaithersburg. Who knows. Who cares. I just want to eat until I get the meat sweats and then take a nap until Richmond.

UPDATE: I'll be getting on the road soon and I'm not sure when I'll have internet access. If I find some free WiFi, I'll be sure to let you all know how my weekend of baseball and meat is going. There's a slight chance that I won't have internet access until I return on Tuesday night or that I will find access down south but I'll be in too much of a meat coma to function properly.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wild Bill said...

Krystals in Savannah!

5:52 PM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

i love that you did this. You have honed the edges of your soul into a steely knife of willpower!!!

11:25 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

My soul does feel sharper, I'll admit. And I'll also admit, after 40 days without meat, a Triple Whopper wouldn't be my first choice of meaty indulgences (that would be a giant steak), but it's the best thing to grab on the go during a 16 hour road trip.

A Krystal burger would be nice too. I've never had one, but since I'll be down in Krystal country, I'll definitely have to grab three or four or 20.

8:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kielbasa!

2:57 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Kielbasa indeed.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger Liz said...

Nicely done. Watch out, though, that Triple Whopper might work a number over on your meatless belly.

7:04 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

When you get the Krystal's, hop on the free wifi there.

1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home