"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Saturday, January 05, 2008

THE WORM

A friend forwarded me this nugget a while back. It's a long, but well written story (simultaneously humorous and horrifying) about one man's battle with a tapeworm. I always thought having a tapeworm would be cool because supposedly, with a worm, you can eat all you want and never get fat. But after reading this story, I changed my mind about that dream. Here's a particularly hair-raising excerpt from the part of the story which describes the death of the worm:

"There was a shifting inside my guts. Then there was a more sudden, thrashing movement. And that's when I realized my tapeworm was going through its death throes. It squirmed and twisted, spasming – and why didn't the doctor tell me about this part, the bastard? My guts cramped and churned. This went on for five, ten minutes, until, just as suddenly, it subsided. It was over. My tapeworm was at peace."

Check out the entire story here (if you dare). Click on the linked text at the end of each page to move to the next page. The "best" part comes later, in a bathroom stall, when our subject finally passes his parasitic friend. I'm not sure what the moral of this story is, other than I never ever ever ever want a tapeworm.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine someone walking in on that.

12:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why dont we devote a post to arnie chapman and his rude disgusting treatment of human beings via the internet and blog sites using anonymous names. He takes pleasure in berating certain individuals in the IFOCE because they wont join his shitty organization This is a sick dispicable individual that is in dire need of some mental help. By the way have any of you ever gotten close enough to smell his breath? Well i got news for you it smells like shit ok?

12:32 AM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Hey Dave, this one's for you -

Balut Eating Contest 2008

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Nice. I'm not sure I'd be down for a balut contest. I was barely able to get one down.

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

OK anonymous, looks like you just did.

So, what makes you decide to come onto this site here and post this?

Who are you and what did he do to offend you?

Who are the certain individuals he berates, besides the Sheas? Before you answer, remember, Brian is the one that always starts with everyone, not the other way around.

11:44 AM

 
Anonymous Ben Swift said...

Nicce blog

11:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home