"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

REASON #37 WHY WORKING IN AN ADVERTISING AGENCY RULES

Wow, I suck. This is the first time in the 21 months that I've been blogging here that I've gone four days without a post. I could blame it on the achingly slow competitive eating off-season and the hectic holiday season. Neither are great excuses though. I've just been lazy.

This Thursday is our office holiday party. In the spirit of Christmas, we've chartered a bus and will be hitting the road at noon to celebrate at the headquarters of one of our newest clients, the Yuengling Brewing Company. That's right, we're going to party in the oldest brewery in America. I feel like Charlie Bucket and the brewery is my chocolate factory. I'm counting the hours (52 and 5 minutes).

D.G. Yuengling & Sons and I go way back. Not only is it the best beer you can buy for under $20 a case, it's also the only beer you can order in any bar in Pennsylvania without even saying its name. Just ask for a "lager." If they don't know what you're talking about, find another bar.

5 Comments:

Blogger brfudge said...

Enjoy your party- I just got a copy of The Nanty-Glo Journal from my mom- you guys got a great write up if you haven't seen it.

8:08 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

What are you doing for New Year's, going to Latrobe?
- '33'

1:11 PM

 
Blogger brfudge said...

Be nice- just kidding- . I was in 'Glo for Turkey Day.

1:59 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Sadly, the Latrobe Rolling Rock plant closed down this past summer after Anheuser-Busch bought the company and moved the brewing operations to New Jersey. Yeah, New Jersey. Fuhgeddaboutit!

I haven't seen the article yet BR. I can't seem to track it down online either. Is there any way you could scan a copy of the article and email it to me (shoffner1974@yahoo.com) or photocopy it and mail it me? That would be awesome!

My mailing address is:

Dave Shoffner
1117 North Second Street Apt. 6
Harrisburg, PA 17102

9:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They took my stunt today. 20 hot dogs minus the bun in 3:25.

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home