"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Saturday, December 22, 2007

MMMM....HAIR

This time of year, I should be writing about candy canes and egg nog and my Friday lunchtime trip to the newly-opened-in-my-area Cheeburger Cheeburger but instead I'm stuck on 10-pound hairballs.

A co-worker sent me this story a few weeks ago and it's, well, pretty nasty. Seems this 18-year-old girl had a habit of eating her own hair. Little did she know, hair doesn't digest. It just sort of sits there in your stomach, like chewed bubblegum or watermelon seeds waiting to sprout.

I debated whether or not to include the photo of the 10-pound, stomach-shaped hair mass that doctors removed from her stomach on this blog entry, but I decided against it. If you really want to see (and you know you do), check it out here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My training secrets exposed!!

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

and to think, they got it out in one piece, I guess they sliced her open, instead of my idea of using Drano.

5:42 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Mmmmm...drano.

8:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam,

Software to clean hair out of your stomach. Deffinately an interesting alternative we'll have to look into.

11:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEEeewwwwwwwwwwww that's ALMOST as nasty as that partially formed chicken fetus thing you posted about before. Almost.

11:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home