"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

PHILLY GUY TO SCARF DOWN 20 WEINERS IN SEARCH OF WING BOWL GLORY

Philly Guy reported in a comment on the last post that WIP has accepted his Wing Bowl qualifying stunt. His feat? Twenty naked hot dogs (no buns) in 3 minutes and 25 seconds or less. No word on when he'll be on the air.

Three minutes, 25 seconds is an odd time. What, did they think 3:30 was just "way too easy"? Regardless, I'm pretty sure he can beat that time. I predict he'll get them down in 3:10. I also think it would be hardcore if, after he reached 20 dogs, he just keep eating right up until the 3:25 mark. Screw this "stopping when you've reached your goal" crap.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done 20 naked in under 2:00.

2005 (?) ESPN Radio 1250 Pittsburgh Dog Bowl.

I think he'll be able to do it easily.

9:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have more details once they call me back. I guess it has to go by legal. Al said 3:25 so I took what I could get. I'll keep everyone updated on it when I actually do it. Untill then I'm just staring at my phone hoping for it to ring already.

10:02 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Keep up posted old man. If you make it, the UEPa-Haul will become the official Philly Guy party headquarters.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

The only time I did naked hot dogs, and these were the easy as crap Oscar Myers, I did 10 in under a minute. I think Pete will definitely complete this one.

1:18 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

BTW Dave, I can't remember what new items I saw on the wendy's value menu, but one of them was the
Stack attack double cheeseburger

1:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be on Jan 10th at 7:30am.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Pete - Have you done a trial run? What's your feeling about your chances?

5:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as I don't freeze up, I'm in.

7:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've gotta get "Philly Guy" a better name.

That won't fly in the Big Bowl.

10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its the Furious Masticator. I just use Philly Guy so my name isn't all over the place.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

how about Wingo Star? You can wear a mop top and side burns and use chicken drum sticks as DRUM STICKS, Ha!

10:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my name is pat phiblin oink oink

12:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Pete. Hope to see you up on stage Feb 1

9:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Pete I know you can do it and I will be watching for you in the Wing Bowl

11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home