"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, January 18, 2008

WING BOWL TIX: SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PIECE

I've been a shitty blogger lately. Sorry about that. This no-action off-season has been brutal. You can even see the effects over on Eat Feats. It's just not the same. The good news is, the IFOCE ended their 128 day streak without a new open contest announcement yesterday by unveiling a jalepeno eating contest on February 23. Nothing like a little four month hiatus to get the stomach and blogs rumbling again.

Speaking of rumbling (bad segue)...WING BOWL! Who's in? I have 13 tickets and need to figure out if anyone needs to buy more. So far, here's who I know is in from our crew. If you want to join us, let me know with a comment:

  1. Me
  2. Beau
  3. Ian (friend, not Hickman)
  4. Evan
  5. Josh (friend)
  6. Jeremy (friend)
  7. Jeremy's friend #1
  8. Jeremy's friend #2
  9. Carey
  10. Jill
That's 10 tickets. I have three left. Am I missing anyone? I know Wild Bill will be partying with us, but he's part of Paul Sakelarides' entourage. If he doesn't get a spot at the table, Pete Miernicki might need a ticket, right Pete? Wing Tut? Hickman? Let me know. If I run out, you'll have to get a ticket on eBay, but there are more than enough on there to go around.

11 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

Well, Erik is doing the Sixers game competition, so unless Pete went last night, or if he got on an entourage again (who's was he on last year?) you might as well throw his name on the list.

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Dave, put me down for (1) more ticket, giving me a total of (2) tickets to this year's Wing Bowl. Please.

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am sure it is going to be an awesome time but you'll have to count me out. I'll be flying out early that day for the USA vs. Japan rematch.

Despite cutting it close time wise, I already know I wouldn't be able to drink nearly enough nor have time for the strip clubs. I mean CE is great and all but I'd be more tempted to come for the alcohol and women than the eating alone...

Thanks for the invite regardless. And, as always, good luck to all that sit at the table.

7:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian, you wimp! I'm doing the Team Burger Eating contest the day after Wing Bowl as well, and I'm still going (to Wing Bowl). LOL.

Hey Carey: What about you? You ever going to return to AICE eating contests? :o/

7:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know that one guy in Wing Bowl. Maybe he'll give me a ticket. Thanks Brad! Carey, don't be so quick to judgement. This is a two minute contest and anything can happen. I believe its called a puncher's chance. This is also Philly, where logic isn't welcome and the local underdog who wants it more always wins, unless its a tie then we'll have another 5 sequals.

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Good luck Pete.

Jill, I will be doing more in the future, but they can't interfere with everything else going on.

Ian, fly into Philly, and ride to NJ with Jill. It will definitely be worth it.

5:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wuuldnt go if you gave dem out ferr free. my name is pat phiblin oink oink oink oink

12:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also got a few extra but they'll go on EBay in a few days of no one claims them. A few of us are crashing at the Holiday Inn so we'll be looking for the UHaul after our nap.

12:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the planning stages....

2:25 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Dave, about

http://dogsarefunyes.blogspot.com/2008/01/blog-post.html

That has a UEPa meeting all over it.

5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's official... I'm dumb.

3:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home