"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PIZZA EATING CONTEST

We finally settled on a date for our next office eating contest. January 25 (this Friday) at 5:30 pm in the conference room. The discipline will be pizza with one topping (eater's choice). First to finish one large pie wins.

The cool thing about this contest is that we have three or so women who have agreed to participate. At least they did when we first started talking about it two months ago ("Oh, I totally love pizza!"). What the winner receives has yet to be determined. I'm throwing $20 of my own money into the pot to make it interesting. I'm going to win anyhow, so who cares.

After some thought -- and based on experience -- this contest is going to come down to one thing: crust. That's sort of what all pizza contests come down to, isn't it? To handle that obstacle, I will be applying a liberal dunking strategy. Actually, scratch that. I think I'll eat the crusts first, while my jaw and appetite are still strong. Or maybe I'll roll each slice up into a pizza burrito. Who knows.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you can listen to the Pittsburgh WCS on espnradio1250.com while you eat!!!

Roll it up, Hoss!

11:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm, pizza eating contest. I wish I could participate.

Hopefully this time you'll beat the female(s) ;o)

(I'm just hav'n fun with ya)

8:34 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Dave, and.....

2:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home