"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

NINER DINER STRATEGIES

I'm assuming everyone is ready for our big burger-and-fries throwdown at the Niner Diner this weekend. Mentally ready at least. The hunger part will come later. At last count, the posse included myself, Carey, Wing Tut, Ian Hickman, Philly Guy, Sweet Jill, Big Brian Subich and Wild Bill Myers (tentative). I may be bring a friend or two with me as well.

Not sure how anyone else is planning to attack their three pound burger and five pound mound of fries, but Carey and I have been talking strategy and we're tackling the burger first. In fact, he and I are going toe-to-toe in a race to speed eat the mf'er. Our hope is to finish the burger as quickly as possible and use the remainder of the two hour time limit to pick away at our fries. Thinking back on hundreds of fast food meals, it definitely seems easier to snack on fries on a full stomach than it would be to attempt a burger with a belly full of fries.

I wonder if they'd be willing to delay our fries by about 30 minutes so they don't sit there and get cold while we scarf down our burger? Then again, hot or cold, will it really matter after downing three-plus pounds of beef, bun and condiments?

11 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

I was just thinking....Do you need to give advance warning that we are all coming over and ordering these burgers and fries?

9:23 AM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

With my UEPa brothers in mind, I'm throwing one down at Cheeburger Cheeburger this Saturday. Good luck, boys.

9:43 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Thanks for the luck, Skinny. I'll need it. Good call Carey. I'll give them a buzz today and let them know we're coming.

10:54 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Skinny, order three of them burgers and call us at noon, you can join in on the race.

1:32 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Someone will video you guys?

And, is the diner package 3lb burger + 2lb fries = 5lbs, or 3lb burger + 5 lb fries?!?

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

It is a 3 lb patty pre-cooked, plus bun and fixens, and 5 pounds of fries. The total alotted time is two hours.

Don't know how much video we will get, probably the beginning of the burger, and individual finishings of the burgers and fries.

I will have my digital camera. I think Pete can handle the taping.

2:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what time are we meeting?

I might do some huntin' in the morning, work up a good appetite, and then come eat some good burger.

I got extra orange vests if you city folk want to put on a few drives for me.

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

High noon. That's when we're meeting. You will be there Payne.

9:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100%

10:23 AM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

...jealous....

11:09 AM

 
Anonymous Beef Recipes said...

Appreciatee your blog post

9:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home