"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Monday, October 29, 2007

MOMMA X TAUGHT HIM RIGHT

Thanks to Skinnyboy and the ol' "video tape the TV" trick, the eating portion of the Krystal Square Off is on YouTube. Check it out below.

My favorite part, which I rewound on TiVo to watch twice when I watched it live, is the shot of Eater X at the +1:13 mark popping Krystals into his mouth like Milk Duds. (That's the -7:23 mark for those of you watching here. Why does YouTube reverse the counter on embedded videos?)

One, two, three, four. It's almost like each one pushes the one before it down his throat. It's amazing. And clean too. Witnessing X's technique is a very welcome break after watching other eaters drench their burgers and seeing bread and debris streaming off of their hands and onto the table and floor.

7 Comments:

Blogger A-Bomb said...

Dave, no tricks. The direct feed 8-minute file was like 90MB. I'm not uploading that much to youboob. Saved the file down to 7MB. Yes, quality sucks after youhmoob processes a file like that, but yeah anyway.

Signed,
dick

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

I'm not complaining. A sloppy as the eating was, a choppy video seems sort of appropriate.

9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that if more people ate like Tim. CE would be a lot more accepted.

3:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of sucks that that Janus eats clean but the other guys get full credit for being sloppy and leaving debris.

3:09 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

No kidding. I might start eating with a bib and a knife and fork. Sure, I'll be slower out of the gate, but I'll end up eating the same amount over the course of a 10 or 12 minute contest.

Or maybe I'll just do the bib thing and lay down a checkered tablecloth under my food and drink items. I'm half serious.

3:12 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

It's all good, D. But I am a dick so I had to straighten that out.

10:48 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

no pun intended, huh skinnyboy?

If those buns are anywheres as brittle as White Castles, I can see why there is so much debris. Janis probably clears more in between each burger, where as Joey and Pat actually do shove the food down their throats with the next one in. I wonder when someone is going to figure out a way to get faster by separation.

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home