"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Monday, October 22, 2007

WHOOPIE VIDEO!

Below is the video of this weekend's whoopie pie contest shot by Ian's brother. It focuses on Ian (of course), but to his right is me bobbin' and weavin'. I was dunking my pies in milk (off camera), but at the 17-second mark you'll see me make a rookie mistake: I forgot to take the cap off my water before the contest. My error cost me valuble seconds and probably knocked about 10 or 15 pies off my total. (Enjoy your tainted second place finish Sean Gordon!)

What's cool about this video, and what makes it so different from any other CE video you'll see, is that it includes the entire contest AND the announcement of the results. It's good that they were able to make the announcement mere seconds after the contest ended.

WARNING: Staring directly at Ian's shirt for more than 10 seconds may cause temporary blindness, seizures, hypnosis, loss of appetite or all of the above.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell the truth, Hickman, those pies were smaller than last year.

5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some say smaller pies, but I say Ian's shirt was somehow altering the time space continuum. Thus giving him more time to eat so many.

5:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will side with Philly Guy's explanation. Nah, but I asked the manager once I hit stage to confirm the size. His response "they are the same size as last year." I'd imagine since they are homemade, sizes may appear to vary but the amount in each is the same. I think Sean would back me on this. Now 12 of these total 1lb 2oz so I'm pleased regardless.

For those of you that are still hung up on sizes just compare the two videos. One is zoomed in on me and the other is...not as zoomed in on me. Duh. Oh yea, and I'm wearing a special shirt that allows me to bend time. There's the secret!

10:06 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

The shirt also distracted me and probably reduced my total input by at least 20 percent (much like Ian's ponytail in the previous hamburger eating contest).

8:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So between the bottle and Ian's shirt Dave should have won with 65. Ian I think you owe Dave a title.

8:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were all basically the same size but there were some differences in the amount filling. Watching a layer of cream filling float on my milk for the whole contest makes it way less appetizing.

With the amount of stretching and prep the last 2 guys did, they obviously thought they'd win but Ian's magic shirt must've hypnotized them as well.

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Nah, I'll let him have the title. Besides last year he split his prize (four free passes to the restaurant buffet) with Sean and this year he split them with me. He's a classy guy, even if his shirts do give me a headache.

1:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home