"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Sunday, October 14, 2007

FUDDRUCKERS INTERN CHALLENGE III

Another intern, another trip to Fuddruckers for the annual intern challenge. The challenge? A one-pound burger. Becca "couldn't eat" ground beef, so we we comprimised by letting her substitute three 7-ounce chicken breasts on a big burger bun. Yeah, I know that equals 21 ounces, but that's how it is when you dis the cow.

BURGER - All that's left

Believe or not, she ended up eating the whole thing, minus the two little pieces of bread you see in the pic above. We were willing to overlook the scraps, considering she downed an extra five ounces of chicken. If you heard her fretting in the days and weeks leading up to this contest, you'd think she wouldn't be able to get through a quarter of this thing, but I always knew she could do it.

A full set of pictures is here. You may remember our last intern trip to the Fudd ("The One with the Crickets"). You might not remember the one before that, because it was my first post ever on this blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

I like that shirt, Dave. I wonder though, what is the farthest you have ever gotten with a sandwich? You know, you go to a nice restaurant, meet a sandwich you like, take it home....

3:08 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

...one thing leads to another, I enjoy half the sandwich while the other half sits there. Later I wrap it up and put it in the fridge. I mean to eat it for lunch the next day but I don't. Four days go by and I end up throwing it away.

What can I say. When it comes to sandwiches, I'm romantically challenged.

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

It's good though that you practice safe eating by wrapping it up. Does the other half get involved at all or just sits there and watches? (I am talking about the sandwich)

9:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home