"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, August 31, 2007

GUNNERY SARGENT HARTMAN WOULDN'T HAVE STOOD FOR THIS TOMFOOLERY

I guess I'm just in a video posting mood lately. Here's a clip of a soldier at a backyard party who's challenged by the Sarge to eat one 16 ounce steak in two minutes or less (thanks Super Sized Meals). I won't say whether he succeeds, but I will say his technique is impressive. Cut, chew, swallow, cut, chew, swallow. A lesser eater would have stuffed piece after piece into his face, but this up-and-comer clears his mouth between bites. That's smart.

Speed eating steak is also dangerous. When I first starting watching this video I was hoping someone at that party knew the heimlich manuever. Then I figured they were soldiers, so maybe they learned that in boot camp. Just like I learned how to tie really useless knots in the Navy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He clears really nice sized chunks.

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Yeah, I'm not sure if I could swallow chunks of steak that large. Which reminds me...there's a steak place near here with a 32 ounce steak challenge that I need to attempt. Eat it in 30 mins and you get a free dessert.

8:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home