"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, August 16, 2007

FREEZER BURN

I think I've finally recovered from this past weekend's ice cream eating contest. I spent the last half of Monday sitting at my desk tongueing the roof of my mouth as a thin layer of skin peeled off most of the area behind my front teeth.

It was a very thin layer. Sort of like the way your skin peels off your nose after a sunburn, only this shedding was caused by a 12 minutes of constant contact with frozen food. Also like a sunburn it left the exposed area very sensitive to hot and cold food and drink throughout the rest of Monday and into Wednesday. All is well now.

My recovery is well timed. Tomorrow several of us from work are heading to Wendy's to blow this guy's 60 piece chicken nugget record out of the water (that one dude's moustache and goatee toward the bottom of that page is awesome). And before you make the observation that he ate McDonald's nuggets and we're eating Wendy's nuggets (a co-worker insisted on Wendy's), consider this photo.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

Didn't you already do 80?

1:05 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Dave, are you going to start a Krystals league? We can have everyone in the UEPa form a team.

1:58 PM

 
Blogger The Rahn Family said...

McDonald's nuggets taste better. Good luck, how much money is on the line for this challenge?

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Liz invited me into a Krystals league. We're doing our draft on Monday. Also, I did do 80 in under 30 minutes, but this attempt is for the record for fastest 60 nugget time.

8:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home