"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, August 23, 2007

IMMORTALIZED

I just read in an article about the UEPa's upcoming hamburger contest. It says the winner will have their name "engraved on a commemorative trophy to be displayed in the town hall."

Yeah, that's right. Engraved on a commemorative trophy. To be displayed in the town hall. We're not talking about your name on a one-by-two inch brass plate and then mounted along with 50 others to a large plaque (like at Denny's). This is a commemorative trophy. That's way better than the 50 dollar prize. Even better than the medal. Too bad it's still not enough to drag Wing Tut out of his pseudo summer retirement.

(Speaking of burgers, happy birthday to the Big Mac. It turned the big four-oh today.)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you've place your own name on the inaugural plaque.

Is that a prediction?

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

What? You can see that? How'd that get on there?

1:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete Philly guy did you get an email from ifoce regarding the spike tv vegas offer?

7:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian,

Nope, but others have.

2:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew nothing of it until Subich called me to tell me he got an email and asked if i did. . I got the same shaft job ditto for kevin carrso dont feel so bad Pete . I am sure they set a trap for me so i could whine and bitch about it on my website. I have no intention of doing anything of the sort. Trust me ive been in the biz 10yrs . It was anything but an oversite . BTW good job in ribs

8:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They can only have so many eaters on the show and I'm 37th ranked so I see where they're coming from. Those ribs were rough though, because of the heat. Be happy you didn't do it.

7:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barlow got an email Pete. Its pick and choose like alka seltzer. rank means zilch. I would never do that rib contest again. . You feel like you ate 4lbs and get credited for 2. You knocked off crazy legs and a few others . Damn good job

7:22 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Good to hear that they're doing another Spike event. Also nice to see our boy Philly Guy outeating a top ranked eater like Crazy Legs Conti in ribs.

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Unfotunately, we (Pete and I) did NOT beat Legs, according to the "official" IFOCE results. Apparently I am lacking in the handwriting reading skills.

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Wild Bill said...

And I can't spell unfortunately either.

12:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lalalalalala i can't hear you i beat crazy legs lalalallalalalala

9:34 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Dave, what is the location for the Hamburg competition?

10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home