"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

WORLD RECORD ONION EATER?

Supposedly this is a Guinness World Record or something. I didn't think the good book was tracking eating records any more (which was always my favorite section of the book as a child), but I guess single food items are somehow okay. The guy in this video set a record by eating one whole onion in one minute, 29 seconds on the set of some Italian TV show in January 2006. This must be harder than it looks, because a minute 29 doesn't sound that fast.




Here's another Guinness video of a guy setting the mark for the most hot sauce drank in 30 seconds. To be fair it's Tabasco sauce, which is more like "ketchup with a kick" than "hot sauce." I'm actually more likely to attempt this one than the onion one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

He impressed me by being able to eat a whole onion, but I don't think the time was really that impressive. Maybe the act that it IS an onion will slow you down alot.

8:03 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

I know you always wanted to try this
http://sikvid.com/ext-media.php?go=5774

8:04 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Yeah, I think the best way to test how impressive or difficult this is (without eating an actual onion) is to try to eat a similarly sized apple in the same amount of time.

That video is awesomely disgusting. That's my technique for doing the Wendy's challege next time.

10:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know their hot dog record is a lot less impressive than the IFOCE's. I'll leave it to Dave to find stats, being thats his thing.

4:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

48 seconds is the world record I believe. I'm not sure what a "regulation" onion is (size, weight, variety etc.) otherwise I would give it a go

If anyone knows then please email me:

djbobski@hotmail.com

Cheers!.

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home