"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Saturday, March 03, 2007

LEAVE NO DISH UNCLEANED

Kevin Ross (pictured at right), an up-and-coming competitive eater and likely MLE Rookie of the Year candidate, sent me the following message. All I can say is, way to go man! I've always wanted to do this. This sort of no-holds-barred appetite is one of the reasons I drafted this guy to my fantasy CE team, The Hungry Hooligans.

I was just at a fancy seafood restaurant and a woman at the table next to mine ordered lobster and ate only the lobster, leaving all the side dishes untouched. She paid and left. I can't stand to see people waste food, so as the waiter was taking it away, I actually made him give me her half eaten dinner so I could eat it. Some may say I have no shame or a glutton, but I think I'm a great American hero.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to make one correction; that actually isn't me in the picture. I wish it was, but actually that's a screen capture from Tim and Eric Awesome Show. Everyone thinks it is me though! I guess the dude kinda looks like me and plus it's hard to see someone's face when it's stuffed with 8 bajillion hot dogs :)

7:25 PM

 
Blogger XXXX said...

Kevin Ross is the man! Way to prevent the wasting of food!

8:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That woman at the restaurant? She has hepatitis. Smart move, man! Well played.

3:36 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

I am in the early stages of that disease. (the eating everything and leave nothing to waste, not the Hep) I get made fun of by my family on how clean my plate is after a meal.
I die a little inside every time I see someone leave a half eaten plate in a restaurant. Even my dates don't get to take home a doggie bag.

12:47 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

I hear ya Carey. Some co-workers and I went to Fuddruckers the other day for lunch. As usual, I made pig of myself by ordering the one-pounder with a side of mac&cheese. One of my co-workers got a chicken fingers basket with fries and only ate half of it. She wasn't taking it home, so I nibbled through most of her scraps after I finished my own lunch.

You can't leave chicken fingers behind. That's just wrong.

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home