"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

DENNY'S AGENDA ITEMS: UEPa NEEDS AND GERMAN TV?

Carey has brought up lots of good points about the future needs of the UEPa. T-shirts, slogans, mascots. All are needed. Carey also suggested a mission statement, which might be going too far, but I think it's funny and should be considered. If not a mission statement, then maybe a credo of some sort.

Thanks to Steakbellie, we do have a kick ass logo, which will no doubt become a part of our group's identity moving forward. I guess the next logical step toward become a real organization (although a slightly tongue-in-cheek one) is a website. We can talk about all of these things this weekend at Denny's (which happens to be our official annual meeting place).

Speaking of Denny's, I spoke to Denny today and he confirmed that we will be eating the TWO-pound burgers (not the three-pounders) and that the record is 15 minutes. But he also mentioned something else. He said a German TV crew would be there and he'd like two people to attack the restaurant's legendary 15-pound Beer Barrel Belly Buster burger for their cameras. I told him that since we've only got six eaters right now, eliminating two would leave four (I'm real good at math) and that would be close to the "too few" mark for a decent eating contest. I suggested he try to find two local eaters from Clearfield to either eat the 15-pounder or join the two-pounder contest to replace the two UEPa eaters who go for the monster.

We'll see what he says. Basically since there's money on the line in the two-pounder contest, I figured we'd all rather do that, but if anyone would rather hit the 15-pounder, let me know and I'll pass it along to Denny.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Invader and the TUT might be up for a 15lb challenge. We'll discuss.

It'd probably be easier to get locals into the 2lb contest b/c A) it's smaller and doable, anb B) there's money on the line.

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Go for it man! We'll place bets on how much you guys actually get through ('cause I don't think the two of you can do it all).

8:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm blowing my chance to be on Look At Sie Crazy Americans.

10:48 PM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

...sigh.....

11:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like everything is gel'ing together so that's sweet. There are now only two questions I can think of: will Sean Gordon, Pete Marizio and Bob Kuhns be able to make it? AND I read on Denny's site we will be on hand breaking 2, 3, and 6 lb'er records. Does he even know WHAT HE WANTS TO DO?! I'm down for whatever but CHRIST- fucking decide!

8:58 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

The site itself needs a bit of work. And there is a show called "The Food Network?" I think they could use some better PR, oh, and a mission statement

12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home