"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Sunday, February 11, 2007

SALMONELLA? BOTULISM? THIS IS ONE OF THOSE.

Last week we made those veggie "Boca" burgers. I know, not my proudest eating moment, but I did slather mine with mayo to add a little extra taste and to kick up the artery-clogging quotient a few notches. Fast forward to this morning. Heather was making tuna salad and she announced that our mayonnaise was expired. No biggie, I thought, then asking, "How expired?" Said Heather, "September."

Mmmm...nothing like some four-months-past-its-expiration-date mayo to take your meatless burger to the next level. In retrospect, I should have felt more repulsed when Heather told me that, but I wasn't.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, nothing to worry about - there are so many preservatives in commerical mayonnaise to prevent one of the nasty bugs that you needn't worry about it. Not that I wouldn't toss the jar now that you noticed the date.

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

those boca burgers suck on the foreman grill. And they smell. And they taste aweful. I had to sandwich them in between real patties when I was practicing with them.

9:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home