"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

RAISIN BRAN (OR MAYBE CHOCOLATE LUCKY CHARMS) IS THE BEST CEREAL IN THE HISTORY OF MAN

Our cupboard is always stocked with at least four boxes of cereal. Three are usually healthier, “grown-up” cereals, but at least one is a sugary throwback to Saturday mornings past. Cookie Crisp, Cocoa Pebbles, Cap’n Crunch, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms…take your pick. They’re still great for Saturday mornings, but now I’m watching Sports Center or CNN instead of Scooby Doo. And the good thing is, Heather doesn't eat the sugary cereal, which leaves it all for me. Then again, she typically has one or two boxes of her own ultra-healthy cereal up there too, but that stuff usually has twigs and pebbles in it which means I wouldn't eat that crap on a dare.

There’s even a restaurant called Cereality that serves nothing but cereal. Over 30 brands of the stuff with your choice of dozens of toppings (including chocolate chips). There are only a handful of the restaurants nationwide -- most on or near college campuses -- but there’s one at 3631 Walnut Street in Philly and one coming to State College sometime this month. Pretty damn sweet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cereality, huh? I can imagine that only college students would pay the cost of an entire box of cereal to eat one single bowl of cereal.

Why is it that people market the dumbest things they can think of to college students? I mean, they spend their days in an academic setting and study at night. They also have little extra money.

It must be all the drinking they do.

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Yeah, they say it's a little pricey. I guess the novelty of it allows for that. I'd try it once or twice (or three times if it were nearby), just for the ability to sample all those toppings.

7:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe its 3.95 for a bowl. The fancy thing about it is you can add different toppings. They have crazy things like pop rocks and chocolate sauce.

10:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny, I was just thinking about sugary cereals because someone on the Apprentice was eating a bowl of Fruity Pebbles for breakfast and I was thinking, "What adult eats Fruity Pebbles on a weekday for a real breakfast?" Sure, a weekend treat or an afternoon snack, but I think I would crash pretty quick if I were relying on sugary cereals to get me through work day.

They have some of those cereal places in NY and I remember the draw being that you could combine cereals, too. Yes it's pricey, but while you might not want to buy a box each of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, and Count Chocula, you could get that mixture and throw in a banana, too. (mmm)

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home