"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Monday, January 29, 2007

MY FANTASY COMPETITIVE EATING TEAM IS GOING TO WIN ME LOTS OF FANTASY MONEY THIS YEAR

This year's fantasy competitive eating league is up and running strong thanks to Liz Kellermeyer and the gang. The teams have been drafted and yours truly is captain of The Hungry Hooligans (working title for now). Here's this year's winning squad:

Patrick Bertoletti (3)
Chip Simpson (6)
Arturo Rios, Jr. (9)
Frank Wach (18)
Jim Hamrick (19)
Chris Abatsas (20)
Jim Reeves (28)
El Toro Jimenez (32)
Paul Barlow (35) - Pending a trade, may be replaced by Mongo Marquez (unranked)
Kevin Ross (unranked)

I'm pretty happy with my team overall. Three top 10 ranked eaters (only Steakbellie's line-up can boast the same). Marquez and Ross are unranked, but have tons of potential and passion and are poised to have breakout rookie seasons on the circuit. Each team (there are five, captained by different eaters) will accrue points based on the IFOCE's new points system. Should be fun and I look forward to kicking some fantasy ass.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

omg.

11:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

moses lerman said...
THIS IS DON MOSES LURMAN. JOEY CHESTAUGHT AND ALL THE OTHER INGRAYTS BETTER BIWARE . I SHALL RETURN LOSE THE WAIGHT AND DEFEAT EVERYONE. I PIEONEERED THE WINGBOWL AND PAVED THE WAY FOR THE JOEY CHESTNAUGHTS AND SONYA TOMASES OF THE EATIGN WORLD. AND THATS FOOOR THE WRECKORD !

2:38 PM

1:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great team! Should be interesting.

12:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the name hungry hooligans. I actually use the word hooligan on a regular basis and that was on the maybe list for my nickname (which I still haven't decided on).

1:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm writing from the Dr. Keith Ablow show in NYC, a nationally syndicated talk show produced for FOX. We will be doing a show about competitive eating on Feb. 20th. We'd like to feature a fan who idolizes Ed "Cookie" Jarvis or Tim Janus along with others, who'd like to start competiting in the sport. If anyone is interested please email me at:

katya.golberg@drkeithtv.com

5:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home