"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, January 18, 2007

ENJOY THESE SUPER FUN TIME SNACKING TREATS!

I realized today that it's been four days since my last post (thanks Carey) which breaks my personal promise of never going more than three days between updates. Sorry about that. It'll never happen again.

Anyhow, awhile back a friend introduced me to a site called Engrish (yes, with an "r"). It features real examples of signs and packaging that have been translated from Japanese or other Asian languages into English but came out a little...funny. Here's some of my favorite food-related samples:


Mmmm...love them fragrant nuts.

Sometimes you just have to wonder, what the hell does the Japanese portion of the package really say?

Hot man dogs on a stick of course. Because putting it in a hot man bun would just be ridiculous.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herrow

11:03 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

That's messed up Phirry Guy.

7:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rearry mess up

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Hall "Hoover" Hunt said...

I am considering forming a group of voters comprised of eaters, writters, and fans to form monthly or possibly weekly rankings of the eaters. The voting will work much like the coaches poll in the ncaa. Each voter simply lists their top 20 and sends it to me every voting period. I will then tally all the votes for each position and post it. If you are interested in being one of the voters please send me a message to indicate this. If you know anyone else interested that I may not have sent a message please have them contact me.

4:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The package about being joyful says "Jumbo Karinto Donuts." Karinto is a Japanese snack that's like a crispy little twinkie without the cream inside. They kind of look like poop, but are supposed to be tasty. I knew five semesters of Japanese would pay off!

8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home