"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

FIZZY AND GOOD FOR YOU TOO!

I might have mentioned this before, but with all the calories I consume with food, I can’t afford to be gulping down hundreds of empty calories every day with beverages, especially when there are plenty of no-calorie options out there. Except for beer, of course. But if zero-calorie, full-flavor beer was ever invented that would be very bad news for my liver.

So yeah, I drink mostly diet iced tea and diet sodas. I’ve also been trying to get in the habit of taking a multi-vitamin every morning but I keep getting hung up on the first step (“buy multivitamins”). Which is why I was pretty stoked to read on Slashfood that the good folks at Coca-Cola are launching a version of Diet Coke called “Diet Coke Plus,” which will be fortified with all sorts of vitamins and minerals. Expected arrival date is spring ’07.

And no, this isn’t like the time I wrote about the new “Diet Coke with Bacon.”

1 Comments:

Blogger steakbellie said...

MMMMM....bacon....

11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home