"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

SORRY BOSS, I'VE GOT ACUTE VIRAL NASOPHARYNGITIS!

This god damned cold that snuck up on me in the wake of my nugget fest (I still shudder when I think about nuggets...I hope that passes) has developed into a full blown headachy mucus fest. It comes complete with a deep, raspy voice--which is kind of cool in an Issac Hayes sort of way--and, here's the worst part, decreased appetite. Just in time for my Taco Challenge tomorrow evening. Great.

But it's all good. I'll still be physically hungry tomorrow, even if I'm not mentally hungry. It'll be up to me to override that mental block. Or is it the other way around? Mentally, but not physically? I don't know. All I know is that I really really really don't want to lose this thing, and I think I know what I have to do: Eat every damned taco or puke trying.

I'd rather get DQ'd for a reversal than lose and have to blame it in a cold. Thing is, I've only reversed (in a contest or otherwise) once in the last 8 years. I hate it. I'll do anything to prevent it from happening. Especially in front of 20 people I know and have to work with. Fuck.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Steakbellie, now Dave. Someone is using biological against against the UEPA!!!

8:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget that Wing Tut had a cold on the Denny's Pub/Uncle Charley's Sausage weekend. A conspiracy may be afoot.

9:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Get some Emergen-C or Airborn for a vitamin C boost!

10:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a little weird.... colds all around.

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Yeah, I'm trying not to dwell on it (and posting about it isn't dwelling on it, how?). Thanks for the tip Liz. I'm hopped up on Tylenol Sinus now.

Good news is my boss -- a big man with a big appetite -- backed out our Taco challenge today because his kids have some sort of rehearsal thing tomorrow night. There's still 6 definites and two maybes though, so it should be a good contest.

There'll be pics and, if our video guy is there, a video similar to our Wendy's challenge.

6:41 PM

 
Blogger la beauheme said...

"...so it should be a good contest..."

Not if I have anything to do with it. I'm completely famished and ready to gorge.
~ El Lobo Hambriento

2:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home