"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, December 08, 2006

MORE UNBEATABLE EATERS OF PA


See, we're kicking ass so often that I forgot to mention the recent performance of Philly's own Wing Kong. About an hour before Steakbellie's on-air display of gurgitory awesomeness, Kong performed a live stunt of his own to get into Wing Bowl. His feat: Eating (drinking?) THREE POUNDS, FIVE OUNCES of baked beans in 43 SECONDS.

Man, I loves me some baked beans. In the oven for a few minutes with a little bacon on top. Maybe a squirt of mustard. Or, in my younger years, a squirt of mayonnaise. (I used to put mayo on everything, including using it as a dip for Doritos.)

Anyhow, enough of that talk. I'm getting nauseous and hungry at the same time. Check out the videos of Steakbellie, Humble Bob and Wing Kong's WIP in-studio performances here (including some vids of some failed stunts). Hopefully they work for you.

3 Comments:

Blogger steakbellie said...

I've seen him do the stunt twice live, and it's really really impressive.....can you imagine????

The guys at the studio never thought he was going to pull it off.

1:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone is going to have to try a lot harder to meet the quality of eater that has already qualified. Meaning Al is going to be even more picky.

1:20 PM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

Al was so freaking tough this year! I started at 9 minutes just for the 2ft Hoagie, and he wouldnt budge from 4:30.

He hung up on me the first day and I called back the second and had to add the half gallon of lemonade and small bag of chips, just to get him to agree to 5:30. Even then he wasnt sold. El Wingador and Angelo had to keep telling him how tough it would be.

3:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home