"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Monday, April 21, 2008

I'M BACK AND HUNGRY

Back from my self-imposed "blogcation" that is. (You like that? "Blogcation." It's like a vacation from blogging. I just made that up, but feel free to use it or add it to the list of other annoying blogging-related terms. Damn, it looks like I'm not the only person to use that unoriginal mash-up.)

Of course, the last 19 days have been the longest I've ever gone without a post here on Mega Munch. My longest fast before that was four or five days. I should have warned you all that I was stepping away from the table for a bit. I really just did it to cleanse the palate before the start of the competitive eating season.

Anyhow, lots of topics kicking around my head. I'll be sure to cover them all. For now, I'll leave you with this image of my nephew, Colby, throwing down on his cake at his second birthday party this past weekend. He's even striking the signature Mega Munch pose, just like his Uncle Dave. More pics here.

COLBY 024

6 Comments:

Blogger Wild Bill said...

About time you came back... :-)

5:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish it was still socially acceptable for me to plow face first into birthday cakes.

10:31 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Me too, Philly Guy. When you're two, people laugh and take pictures. When you're 33, people still take pictures...but they're not laughing.

7:36 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Dave, did you see this yet? Yes, that is a UEPA hat I am wearing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LDuycMuD66M

1:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, this nice little blog has filled the void that Steakbellie's tried to fill. Only kidding of course. Thankfully, Steak's is consistent so I'm still a fan. As for TuT's, not so much. Glad to have ya back. Props to Carey representing the UEPa on CBS. UEPa TO THE MASSES!

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Way to bring the UEPa to the West Coast, Carey. We need to start planning our next UEPa gathering. I'll post something about that soon.

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home