"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WHO'S A HUNGRY BABY?

The buzz in the tabloids is that the new celebrity diet is baby food (or, according to a headline in the UK edition of Marie Claire magazine, Hollywood is just eating babies). Apparently realizing that they're dangerously close to being cast on the next season of Biggest Loser, Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon admit to replacing meals with tiny jars of strained peas and mashed sweet potatoes.

Small, on-the-go containers. Good portion control. Loaded with vitamins and nutrients. It sort of makes sense, except for the whole "tastes like pureed shit" part. It actually reminds me of a personal eating challenge that I still want to do involving 50 jars of various baby food and my old Sesame Street spoon. I may or may not wear a baby bonnet and a bib for that one and I'm still not sure if I'll make airplane sounds with each bite.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

How many babies can you eat in 10 minutes? Is this going to be picknick style, or is dunking allowed?

10:34 AM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

Thats actually a brilliant idea for a diet. Food that is portion controlled, quality controlled, and free of the chemicals that we kill ourselves with.

You need to know that there are 3 sizes to baby food jars. The larger jars, also have more complex foods like lazagna mushed into them.

The challenge sounds fun!

11:15 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

mmmmmm.... strained lasagna

11:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually had to eat baby food to earn my child care badge in Junior Girl Scouts - I might be able to take you on this one!

8:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to eat girl scouts to earn my......

1:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home