"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

COCK-A-DOODLE WHAT?

Some people eat pigs feet. Others eat cow tongue. Some even eat sheep testicles. Nothing really goes to waste and I guess that's a good thing, but I never thought I'd see the day that little floppy thing on top of a chicken's head became an ingredient in the soup du jour. That flap of pink flesh is also called a cockscomb and it doesn't look half bad once it's all cooked up. I'd try it, at least. And I might even like it...even if the chef told me what it was.

(Via Slashfood)

6 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

Tut, would you consider this a technical food?

11:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Rooser mohawks would be strickly speed swallowing and capacity based on what I imagine they would feel and taste like.

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Probably some tiny hairs too. Those might tickle.

1:49 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

That was actually a pic of TUT's bucket after the national whole rooster eating competition. He was in the lead, but Tut would pull those combs off during the competition, and lost after they were weighed.

1:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, 'cause really, who eats those little mohawks?

3:15 PM

 
Blogger John said...

I have never seen packaged cock combs before. That is a very funny picture!

11:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home