"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, March 16, 2007

I WANT ONE OF THESE?

I'm not sure what to make of the "beer throwing fridge" in the video below. I still have my old college mini fridge (the taller, rectangular kind). It sits in our kitchen, right next to our regular fridge and I keep it stocked with beer. Heather has slowly started turning it into a beer/condiments fridge. It started with ketchup, mustard and mayo in the door compartments and now things like lime juice and pickles have crept onto the first shelf. Those aren't even condiments.

Here's a story that appeared in the Pittsburgh Tribune about the guy who created the fridge. Word of advice, if you're going to spend 150 hours of your life making something that'll do what one well-trained girlfriend can do for you (let the record show, I get my own beers...or at least I do now) and then post a video of it on YouTube for all the world to see, at least fill it with something other than Miller Lite!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

Dave, put wheels on the mini, and roll it out to the living room when you have people over. Quiet, efficient, power saving, and you don't have to worry about the can spraying all over the place. If you want to get high tech with it, put a retractable power cord on it.

10:18 AM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

I think we can all assume that Miller Lite was used because this wonderful fridge is still in 'experimental' phase, and the creator didnt want to risk any better beers....

12:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home