"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, August 18, 2006

Nothing to see here, folks

Looks like the folks at Krystal -- or at least one of them -- had a comment about one of my earlier posts. Sorry about the miscommunication. (Really, I am!) As a pseudo-journalist in real life, I struggled with the line in question but left it in because, like Krystal blogger Tiffany says, I assumed people would sense the "made up-edness" of it. I'm pretty sure Mr. Williams did too, but he's just doing his job.

In the end I think it'll be okay, and I'm flattered that a corporate suit read my little blog and it inspired some "conversation." Although, in my defense, the actual quote was "Suck on that, Nathans!" not "Suck it, Nathans!"

I think there's a difference, don't you agree?

3 Comments:

Blogger Krystal Lovers Marketing Peeps said...

No problem at all. The "suit" as you put it took it exactly as you expected him to. Acutally, I think he was just wondering if I was getting a little too creative with my blogging slang. I'm excited about the Competitive Eating blogging community. Should be a GREAT Krystal Square Off Season.

Oh and you are correct you were actually a little misquoted....

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Good to hear! I too am looking forward to Square Off season and looking forward to blogging all about it.

I think I'm a Krystal Lover and I've never even had a Krystal burger. Now that's a powerful brand!

6:07 PM

 
Blogger Krystal Lovers Marketing Peeps said...

Now we are going to have to rectify that situation soon....

1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home