"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The first burger story that didn't make me hungry

Thanks to A Hamburger Today for breaking this story to me first. If I'm going to get sad, burger-related news, I'd rather it be from him than anyone else.

"Esther Snyder, who with her late husband Harry co-founded In-N-Out Burger in Baldwin Park in 1948 and popularized the drive-through window for the fast-food industry, has died. She was 86. Snyder, who had succeeded her husband and two sons as head of the family business, died Friday, according to an announcement from the company. Neither the cause nor the place of death was announced."

LA Times has a very nice obituary about Esther. She'll be missed, I'm sure. And if I could (and I can't because I live on the damn East Coast), I'd raise an 8x8 in her honor.

1 Comments:

Blogger steakbellie said...

yeah, we need some of those out here, they sound great....

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home