"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Pizza Princess makes her competitive eating debut

PALUMBO PIZZA - Jenn ReadyA friend from work heard about my upcoming appearance in the World Pizza Eating Championship and challenged me to a half-a-pizza eating contest this evening. She agreed to be included in this post, but only on the condition that I not mention her last name. Said Jenn "The Pizza Princess" herself, "I don't want this coming up if someone Googled my name. . .not that anyone would, but you never know."

The Pizza Princess didn't win, but I have to admit I was a little surprised at how well she performed. Either I suck (which is very likely) or she's that good. I tend to think she's that good, but my attempts to get her to compete publicly in next month's local Kokomo Wing Eating Contest were unsuccessful.

I've included a few pics of our dinner here. At top is Jenn and below is both of us toward the end. A full set is available
here.

Apparently, photographic proof of her gorging herself on greasy goodness from the local pizza joint is okay -- at least until those super geeks at Google figure out a way to make online photos searchable using facial PALUMBO PIZZA - My last piecerecognition software. Trust me, Jenn, they'll do it and then they'll rule the world. And you'll be outted as Harrisburg's top female competitive eater.

Don't sweat it though, a surprising number of men really dig that sort of thing in a woman. Right guys?

6 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

My wife always brags about how well she *thinks* she could do in one of these contests. Maybe we could pit she and The Pizza Princess against one another...

8:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Pizza Princess is already trash talking how she can beat any female...I'd say a match with Dan's wife is on!

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Absolutely! After all, even Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas had to get her start somewhere...building her confidence and discovering her talent as she pummeled friends and other unsuspecting opponents.

1:51 PM

 
Blogger Dan said...

As we were powering down some sushi the other night I started trying to gauge Chris' interest in the contest. I think she might be up for it...

5:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

8:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you??

I am the Pizza Princess!

1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home