"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Monday, January 08, 2007

SECONDS: MMMM...BEER AND MONKEY CHOW

(Because I'm sometimes lazy and because I just like some of my old entries, I've decided to re-post a few in a series I'll call "SECONDS". I won't do it often...maybe once a month. There's nothing wrong with some left overs now and then. This one was orginally posted in June 2006.)

You know how some old people eat canned dog food because they don't have any money left over after paying for their medication? Yeah, that's sad. Well this guy isn't poor or on any medication (that I know of), but he decided to live on nothing but monkey chow for a whole week. Each day he logged his weight, mood, poop, and "monkey-like attributes." He blogged it too. He said he's tired of people telling him he should've gone Spurlock with it by doing it for a whole month, but I have to agree...seven days isn't exactly pushing the boundaries of the human body.

The whole thing reminds me of the time when the great
Crazy Legs Conti lived for an entire week on nothing but Guinness beer (his friends dared him to do it after Conti described how Guinness is packed with vitamins and nutrients). The man travels the world, works in a strip club, gets paid to eat massive quantities of food...how does he not have his own comic book by now?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd not seen this one before. I've seen blogs about people eating large amounts of carrots for a month to try and turn their skin orange. The results are usually not that great. I also recently read about someone (an eater?) drinking large amounts of milk every day and having a hard time cutting his finger nails from the excess calcium.

These kinds of experiments are fun and make for entertaining reads. Animal foods often contain lots of strange organs like hearts and lungs. You would probably eventually get gout.

10:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!
monkey poop!

9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home